Watermark is an image on the background of a data, in general there is no inbuilt function or button in excel by default to insert a watermark in a excel worksheet, we have to do this manually from the header and footers section in the insert tab and then we will find an option for image or picture from where we can insert the picture for watermark and format it.
How to Add Watermark in Excel? (13 Easy Steps)
Follow the steps to add watermark in Excel –
- Step #1: Open the blank workbook to add and create the watermark.
- Step #2: Go to insert view, choose word art option from the text column. Always select decent colors only.
- Step #3: Click on insert word, you will see so many colorful alphabets in the box. Choose as per your choice.
- Step #4: Click on any of the color words which you want. It will draw the one text box with the same which you choose
- Step #5: Type the text that you want to use for creating the watermark in a sheet.
- Step #6: Now, your watermark image is ready, have to need to resize and rotate it to make it look good and presentable.
- Step #7: Click the right button and copy the image which you have written.
- Step #8: Paste the image on the word as the picture and you can easily resize the image in word also.
- Step #9: Right-click on the image and save it as the picture on your computer.
Now your bookmark is ready to add it in the excel workbook.
- Step #10: Go to insert, and select option to add header and footer option in excel.
- Step #11: Once you click on header and footer, it enables the excel sheet in another format:
- Step #12: Click on the picture to add the image to your excel sheet:
- Step #13: Insert the image, now will be able to see the image as watermark in excel:
- The images showed transparently on the web by means of data sharing sites or photography could be at risk of theft and unhindered use. An individual may utilize your image without your assent and mutilate the data or utilize the image for a specific reason that it was not expected for. Watermarking encourages you to secure your data. You can add an unmistakable watermark to your advanced images and photographs to ensure licensed innovation.
- Watermarking will keep the uniqueness of your item on the site and it additionally distinguishes the proprietor of the data. The watermark can be your copyright which is imperative as this could speak to your marking for instance; organization logo.
- The watermark image ought to dependably be littler in size than the primary item image. The watermarking module will downsize consequently to the extent of the image you transfer, with no loss of image quality.
- The base Image watermark module will likewise keep the first item image, you can download the image whenever in a single click.
How to Format and Resize Your Watermark?
- Once you add your watermark image to your workbook if you want to be to resize or reposition the bookmark you can do it. You can also remove it if you don’t require it further.
- Relocate a watermark
It is a very common thing that the added bookmark will be moved into the top of the worksheet, it is very easy to shift the watermark.
- Go to the header section box in the excel ribbon toolbar.
- Place your pointer in front of &[Picture] as shown below and press the enter as many as time you get the watermark in the place where you want.
- Go to INSERT and choose Header & Footer option again.
- Select the Format Picture option in the Header & Footer Elements group in the right-hand side.
- Now you can easily resize your watermark as required.
Tips to Remember While inserting Watermark in Excel
- Watermarks can be viewed in print preview, Page Layout view, and on the printed worksheet when you took the printout of the sheet. You can’t see watermarks in the Normal view, which the vast majority use when they work in Excel 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- You won’t be able to add more than one watermark in one section.
- A most important tip is that make sure to add the watermark in your worksheet as such it won’t affect your data. Sometimes adding a watermark leads to the invisibility of your data.
This has been a guide to Watermark in Excel. Here we discuss how to add a Watermark in Excel and how to format and resize the watermark along with examples and an excel template that can be downloaded. You may also look at these useful functions in excel –