Excel Functions Tutorials
- Excel Tips
- Excel vs Access
- Excel Rows vs Columns
- Apple Numbers vs Excel
- 3D Reference in Excel
- Absolute Reference in Excel
- Mixed References in Excel
- Excel Reference to Another Sheet
- Array Formulas in Excel
- Arrays in Excel VBA
- Auto Numbering in Excel
- AutoFit in Excel
- AutoCorrect in Excel
- AutoSave in Excel
- AutoRecover in Excel
- Bullet Points in Excel
- Break Links in Excel
- Barcode in Excel
- Change Case in Excel
- CAGR Formula in Excel
- Calculate Age in Excel
- Calculate Percentage in Excel Formula
- Cell Reference in Excel
- Checklist in Excel
- Circular Reference in Excel
- Column Sort in Excel
- Column Lock in Excel
- Move Columns in Excel
- Custom List in Excel
- Consolidate in Excel
- Combine Cells in Excel
- Compare Two Columns in Excel
- Compare and Match Columns in Excel
- Compound Interest Formula in Excel
- Convert Columns to Rows in Excel
- Convert Date to Text in Excel
- Convert Numbers to Text in Excel
- Convert Text to Numbers in Excel
- Convert Excel to CSV
- Count Characters in Excel
- Count Rows in Excel
- Count Unique Values in Excel
- Countif not Blank in Excel
- Create Templates in Excel
- Family Tree in Excel Template
- Custom Number Format in Excel
- Delete Row Shortcut in Excel
- Divide in Excel Formula
- Drop Down List in Excel
- Dynamic Tables in Excel
- Dashboard in Excel
- KPI Dashboard in Excel
- Date to Text in Excel
- Date Format in Excel
- Database in Excel
- Delta Symbol in Excel
- $ Symbol in Excel
- Excel Column to Number
- Edit Drop-Down List in Excel
- Equations in Excel
- Exponents in Excel
- Excel Extensions
- Excel Translate
- Excel Not Responding
- Excel Find and Replace
- Find and Select in Excel
- Excel Subtraction Formula
- Excel Formula for Grade
- Excel as Calculator
- Excel Formula Not Working (Updating)
- Excel Table Styles & Formats
- Excel vs Google Sheets
- External Links in Excel
- Excel Alternate Row Color
- Excel Worksheet Tab
- Extract Number from String Excel
- Evaluate Formula in Excel
- Find Duplicates in Excel
- Finding Links in Excel
- Filter Shortcut in Excel
- Formatting in Excel
- Format Numbers to Millions & Thousands in Excel
- Format Phone Numbers in Excel
- Formula Errors in Excel
- Fractions in Excel
- Frequency Distribution in Excel
- Group in Excel
- Group Worksheets in Excel
- Group Columns in Excel
- Hide Formula in Excel
- Hiding a Column in Excel
- Highlight Every Other Row in Excel
- Highlight Duplicates in Excel
- How to Create a Formula in Excel?
- How to Create an Excel Spreadsheet?
- How to Add Text in Excel Formula?
- How to Create Dashboard in Excel?
- How to Copy Sheet in Excel?
- How to Delete Pivot Table?
- How to Calculate Percentage Increase in Excel?
- How to Multiply in Excel Formula?
- How to Unhide Columns in Excel?
- Insert Date in Excel
- Insert Calendar in Excel
- Import Data into Excel
- Insert Comment in Excel
- Insert Hyperlinks in Excel
- Insert Multiple Rows in Excel
- Insert Row Shortcut in Excel
- Insert New Worksheet in Excel
- Insert (Embed) an Object in Excel
- Insert Image in Excel Cell
- Insert Page Break in Excel
- Line Breaks in Excel
- Linear Interpolation in Excel
- Leading Zeros in Excel
- Last Day of the Month in Excel
- Logical Operators in Excel
- Lookup Table in Excel
- Mortgage Calculator in Excel
- Moving Average in Excel
- Not Equal to in Excel
- Numbering in Excel
- Name Manager in Excel
- Page Numbers in Excel
- Page Break in Excel
- Personal Budget Template in Excel
- Project Management Template in Excel
- Percentage Difference in Excel (Increase / Decrease)
- Pivot Table Calculated Field & Formula
- Pivot Table Sort
- Pivot Table From Multiple Sheets
- Print Comments in Excel
- Print Excel Gridlines
- Print in Excel
- Print Preview in Excel
- Print Area in Excel
- Print Titles in Excel
- Print Labels From Excel
- Project Timeline in Excel
- Protect Sheet in Excel
- Ratio in Excel Formula
- Random Numbers in Excel
- Randomize List in Excel
- Refresh Pivot Table in Excel
- Relative References in Excel
- Remove Blank Rows in Excel
- Remove Duplicates in Excel
- Remove Duplicates from Excel Column
- Remove Hyperlinks in Excel
- Remove Space in Excel
- Remove Leading Spaces in Excel
- Remove Watermark in Excel
- Row Limit in Excel
- Rows and Columns in Excel
- Rows to Columns in Excel
- Row Header in Excel
- Search in Excel
- Search For Text in Excel
- Share an Excel Workbook
- Shortcut to Merge Cells in Excel
- Show Formula in Excel
- Split Cells in Excel
- Separate Text in Excel
- Strikethrough in Excel
- Strikethrough Text in Excel
- Sum by Color in Excel
- Subscript in Excel
- Superscript in Excel
- Themes in Excel
- Timesheet Calculator in Excel
- Top 20 Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel
- Unmerge Cells in Excel
- Uppercase in Excel
- Word Count in Excel
- Word Cloud in Excel
- Watermark in Excel
- Weighted Average in Excel
- Wildcard in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Lookup Reference in Excel (44+)
- Maths Functions in Excel (52+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Charts (48+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- VBA (162+)
Watermark is an image on the background of a data, in general there is no inbuilt function or button in excel by default to insert a watermark in a worksheet, we have to do this manually from the header and footers section in the insert tab and then we will find an option for image or picture from where we can insert the picture for watermark and format it.
Table of Contents
How to Add Watermark in Excel? (2010, 2103, 2016)
#1 – Open the blank workbook to add and create the watermark in excel.
#2 – Go to insert view, choose word art option from text column. Always select the decent colors only.
#3 – Click on insert word, you will see so many colorful alphabets in the box. Choose as per your choice.
#4 – Click on any of the color words which you want. It will draw the one text box with the same which you choose
#5 – Type the text that you want to use for creating the watermark in a sheet.
#6 – Now, your watermark image is ready, have to need to resize and rotate it to make it look good and presentable.
#7 – Click right button and copy the image which you have written.
#8 – Paste the image on the word as the picture and you can easily resize the image in word also.
#9 – Right click on the image and save it as the picture in your computer.
Now your bookmark is ready to add it in excel workbook.
#10 – Go to insert, and select option to add header and footer option.
#11 – Once you click on header and footer, it enables the excel sheet in another format:
#12 – Click on the picture to add the image to your excel sheet:
#13 – Insert the image, now will be able to see the image as watermark in excel:
Benefits of Using a Watermark in Excel
- The images showed transparently on the web by means of data sharing sites or photography could be at risk of theft and unhindered use. An individual may utilize your image without your assent and mutilate the data or utilize the image for a specific reason that it was not expected for. Watermarking encourages you to secure your data. You can add an unmistakable watermark to your advanced images and photographs to ensure licensed innovation.
- Watermarking will keep the uniqueness of your item on the site and it additionally distinguishes the proprietor of the data. The watermark can be your copyright which is imperative as this could speak to your marking for instance; organization logo.
- The watermark image ought to dependably be littler in size than the primary item image. The watermarking module will downsize consequently to the extent of the image you transfer, with no loss of image quality.
- The base Image watermark module will likewise keep the first item image, you can download the image whenever in a single click.
How to Format your Watermark in Excel?
- Once you add your watermark image to your excel workbook if you want to be to resize or reposition the bookmark you can do it. You can also remove it if you don’t require it further.
- Relocate a watermark
It is a very common thing that the added bookmark will be moved into the top of the worksheet, it is very easy to shift the watermark.
- Go to the header section box in excel ribbon toolbar.
- Place your pointer in front of &[Picture] as shown below and press the enter as many as time you get the watermark in the place where you want.
How to Resize a Watermark in Excel?
- Go to INSERT and choose Header & Footer option again.
- Select the Format Picture option in the Header & Footer Elements group in the right-hand side.
- Now you can easily resize your watermark as required.
Tips to Remember while using the Watermark in Excel
- Watermarks can be viewed in print preview, Page Layout view, and on the printed worksheet when you took the printout of the sheet. You can’t see watermarks in the Normal view, which the vast majorities use when they work in Excel 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- You won’t be able to add more than one watermark in excel in one section.
- Always add the watermark or image in your excel sheet which is easily visible.
- A most important tip is that make sure to add the watermark in your excel sheet as such it won’t affect your data. Sometimes adding a watermark leads to the invisibility of your data.
This has been a guide to Watermark in Excel. Here we discuss how to add a Watermark in Excel and the benefits of using a watermark in excel along with examples and downloadable excel templates. You may also look at these useful functions in excel –
- Excel Count Rows which has only the blanks
- Concatenate Columns in Excel | Examples
- Concatenate in Excel VBA
- Remove Watermark in Excel
- How to Insert Date in Excel?
- How to create Excel Forms for Data Entry?
- How to Convert Columns to Rows in Excel?
- Create Gauge Chart in Excel
- How to Concatenate Date in Excel?