Create a KPI Dashboard in Excel
You go to any organization; it is important to analyses based on their Key Performance Indicators (KPI). There will be a separate dedicated team that is responsible for analyzing and showing the results with visual effects. In this article, we will show you how to create a KPI dashboard of individual sales employee dashboard in excel. So, download the workbook to create a KPI dashboard in excel along with me.
Different companies have different KPI dashboard; for this article, I am taking into consideration of Sales Driven organization. In a sales-driven organization, its core revenue generation department is their sales team. In order to just how the company is performing, it is important to look at the performance of each individual in the department.
How to Create a KPI Dashboard in Excel?
Below is the example of creating a KPI Dashboard in excelDashboard In ExcelThe Excel Dashboard is an enhanced form of data visualization that helps managers plan and achieve business targets and facilitates decision-making. Users can apply excel table and charts, pivot table and charts, interactive controls, excel formulas, etc., to create excel dashboards..
Steps to create a KPI Dashboard in Excel are as follows.
- First, we need to create a Target table of each individual employee across 12 months.
In the above table for each individual, I have created a target for each month. For this, I have applied table format in excelTable Format In ExcelExcel comes with a number of table styles that you may quickly apply to a table format. In Excel, you can design and use a new custom table style of your choice. and given the name as “Target_Table.”
- Similarly, create one more table called Sales_Table, which shows actual sales achieved numbers.
- Similarly, create two more tables to arrive at the numbers of Salary and Incentive.
Above is the table of individual salary. So now, create a table for “Incentives.”
Ok, now we are done with all the data inputs requires to show in the dashboard. Now create one more sheet and name it as “Dash Board – KPI.”
- Create the heading “Individual KPI Dashboard – 2019” in Excel.
- Now create Employee Name and create a drop-down list in excel of employees.
- Now create a Month-wise table to show Target, Achieved, Variance, and Average Sale. And also to show Salary and Incentive Paid.
I have divided the data to be shown for the first 6 months and for later 6 months. So that is why I have added H1 total u0026 H2 total rows.
H1 consists of the first 6 months total, and H2 consists of the second 6 months total. So, the total is a combination of H1 + H2.
- For Target and Actual, apply VLOOKUP from the “Input Data” sheet and arrive at numbers based on the name selection from the drop-down list.
To Find Actual Sales data, select Sales_Table in place of Target_Table in VLOOKUP Formula.
To find variance Subtract actual sales data from target sales data.
To get an average of sales data applies the below formula.
Similarly, do the same for Salary u0026 Incentive Columns.
Then Find the Total Earned by adding both salary paid and incentive paid.
Now, based on the selection we make from the drop-down list of the name, VLOOKUP fetches the data of Target, Achieved, Salary, and Incentive data from the respective table which we have earlier in the article.
- Now, we need to create a cell for Efficiency Level. To arrive at the efficiency level, we need to divide the achieved amount by the target amount.
- Now arrive Return on InvestmentReturn On InvestmentThe return on investment formula measures the gain or loss made on an investment relative to the amount invested. The net income divided by the original capital cost of investment. Return on Investment Formula = (Net Profit / Cost of Investment) * 100
result. For this divide Achieved Amount by Total Earned Amount.
- Now arrive graphical representation for the data we have arrives. Below is the graph I have applied; based on your liking, you can create a chart.
In the above chart, I have applied a line graphLine GraphLine Graphs/Charts in Excels are visuals to track trends or show changes over a given period & they are pretty helpful for forecasting data. They may include 1 line for a single data set or multiple lines to compare different data sets. for Target, Actual, and Average numbers. This graph will represent the average achieved, target achieved against the target numbers.
For the below chart, I have applied a Clustered Column chart in excel.
After all this, we need to insert a simple efficiency chart. I have applied the efficiency chart, and you can start using this KPI dashboard by downloading the excel workbook from the link provided.
Based on the selection we make from the drop-down list of accordingly numbers will turn up, and graphs will show the differences.
Based on your requirement, you can increase the number of employees, fill the target data, actual data, and salary and incentive data accordingly.
This has been a guide to KPI Dashboard in Excel. Here we discuss how to create a KPI dashboard in excel along with practical examples and a downloadable excel template. You may learn more about excel from the following articles –