Excel Functions Tutorials
- Excel Tips
- Excel vs Access
- Excel Rows vs Columns
- Apple Numbers vs Excel
- 3D Reference in Excel
- Absolute Reference in Excel
- Mixed References in Excel
- Excel Reference to Another Sheet
- Array Formulas in Excel
- Arrays in Excel VBA
- Auto Numbering in Excel
- AutoFit in Excel
- AutoCorrect in Excel
- AutoSave in Excel
- AutoRecover in Excel
- Bullet Points in Excel
- Break Links in Excel
- Barcode in Excel
- Change Case in Excel
- CAGR Formula in Excel
- Calculate Age in Excel
- Calculate Percentage in Excel Formula
- Cell Reference in Excel
- Checklist in Excel
- Circular Reference in Excel
- Column Sort in Excel
- Column Lock in Excel
- Move Columns in Excel
- Custom List in Excel
- Consolidate in Excel
- Combine Cells in Excel
- Compare Two Columns in Excel
- Compare and Match Columns in Excel
- Compound Interest Formula in Excel
- Convert Columns to Rows in Excel
- Convert Date to Text in Excel
- Convert Numbers to Text in Excel
- Convert Text to Numbers in Excel
- Convert Excel to CSV
- Count Characters in Excel
- Count Rows in Excel
- Count Unique Values in Excel
- Countif not Blank in Excel
- Create Templates in Excel
- Family Tree in Excel Template
- Custom Number Format in Excel
- Delete Row Shortcut in Excel
- Divide in Excel Formula
- Drop Down List in Excel
- Dynamic Tables in Excel
- Dashboard in Excel
- KPI Dashboard in Excel
- Date to Text in Excel
- Date Format in Excel
- Database in Excel
- Delta Symbol in Excel
- $ Symbol in Excel
- Excel Column to Number
- Edit Drop-Down List in Excel
- Equations in Excel
- Exponents in Excel
- Excel Extensions
- Excel Translate
- Excel Not Responding
- Excel Find and Replace
- Find and Select in Excel
- Excel Subtraction Formula
- Excel Formula for Grade
- Excel as Calculator
- Excel Formula Not Working (Updating)
- Excel Table Styles & Formats
- Excel vs Google Sheets
- External Links in Excel
- Excel Alternate Row Color
- Excel Worksheet Tab
- Extract Number from String Excel
- Evaluate Formula in Excel
- Find Duplicates in Excel
- Finding Links in Excel
- Filter Shortcut in Excel
- Formatting in Excel
- Format Numbers to Millions & Thousands in Excel
- Format Phone Numbers in Excel
- Formula Errors in Excel
- Fractions in Excel
- Frequency Distribution in Excel
- Group in Excel
- Group Worksheets in Excel
- Group Columns in Excel
- Hide Formula in Excel
- Hiding a Column in Excel
- Highlight Every Other Row in Excel
- Highlight Duplicates in Excel
- How to Create a Formula in Excel?
- How to Create an Excel Spreadsheet?
- How to Add Text in Excel Formula?
- How to Create Dashboard in Excel?
- How to Copy Sheet in Excel?
- How to Delete Pivot Table?
- How to Calculate Percentage Increase in Excel?
- How to Multiply in Excel Formula?
- How to Unhide Columns in Excel?
- Insert Date in Excel
- Insert Calendar in Excel
- Import Data into Excel
- Insert Comment in Excel
- Insert Hyperlinks in Excel
- Insert Multiple Rows in Excel
- Insert Row Shortcut in Excel
- Insert New Worksheet in Excel
- Insert (Embed) an Object in Excel
- Insert Image in Excel Cell
- Insert Page Break in Excel
- Line Breaks in Excel
- Linear Interpolation in Excel
- Leading Zeros in Excel
- Last Day of the Month in Excel
- Logical Operators in Excel
- Lookup Table in Excel
- Mortgage Calculator in Excel
- Moving Average in Excel
- Not Equal to in Excel
- Numbering in Excel
- Name Manager in Excel
- Page Numbers in Excel
- Page Break in Excel
- Personal Budget Template in Excel
- Project Management Template in Excel
- Percentage Difference in Excel (Increase / Decrease)
- Pivot Table Calculated Field & Formula
- Pivot Table Sort
- Pivot Table From Multiple Sheets
- Print Comments in Excel
- Print Excel Gridlines
- Print in Excel
- Print Preview in Excel
- Print Area in Excel
- Print Titles in Excel
- Print Labels From Excel
- Project Timeline in Excel
- Protect Sheet in Excel
- Ratio in Excel Formula
- Random Numbers in Excel
- Randomize List in Excel
- Refresh Pivot Table in Excel
- Relative References in Excel
- Remove Blank Rows in Excel
- Remove Duplicates in Excel
- Remove Duplicates from Excel Column
- Remove Hyperlinks in Excel
- Remove Space in Excel
- Remove Leading Spaces in Excel
- Remove Watermark in Excel
- Row Limit in Excel
- Rows and Columns in Excel
- Rows to Columns in Excel
- Row Header in Excel
- Search in Excel
- Search For Text in Excel
- Share an Excel Workbook
- Shortcut to Merge Cells in Excel
- Show Formula in Excel
- Split Cells in Excel
- Separate Text in Excel
- Strikethrough in Excel
- Strikethrough Text in Excel
- Sum by Color in Excel
- Subscript in Excel
- Superscript in Excel
- Themes in Excel
- Timesheet Calculator in Excel
- Top 20 Keyboard Shortcuts in Excel
- Unmerge Cells in Excel
- Uppercase in Excel
- Word Count in Excel
- Word Cloud in Excel
- Watermark in Excel
- Weighted Average in Excel
- Wildcard in Excel
- Financial Functions in Excel (17+)
- Logical Functions in Excel (15+)
- TEXT Functions in Excel (29+)
- Lookup Reference in Excel (44+)
- Maths Functions in Excel (52+)
- Date and Time Function in Excel (22+)
- Statistical Function in Excel (50+)
- Information Functions in Excel (5+)
- Excel Charts (48+)
- Excel Tools (98+)
- VBA (162+)
Create a KPI Dashboard in Excel
You go to any organization, it is important to analyses based on their Key Performance Indicators (KPI). There will be a separate dedicated team who are responsible for analyzing and showing the results with visual effects. In this article, we will show you how to create a KPI dashboard of individual sales employee dashboard in excel. So, download the workbook to create a KPI dashboard in excel along with me.
Different companies have different KPI dashboard, for this article, I am taking into consideration of Sales Driven organization. In a sales-driven organization, its core revenue generation department is their sales team. In order to just how the company is performing it is important to look at the performance of each individual in the department.
How to Create a KPI Dashboard in Excel?
Below is the example to create a KPI Dashboard in excel.
Step 1: First we need to create a Target table of each individual employee across 12 months.
In the above table for each individual, I have created a target for each month. For this, I have applied table format and given the name as “Target_Table”.
Step 2: Similarly create one more table called Sales_Table which shows actual sales achieved numbers.
Step 3: Similarly create two more tables to arrive the numbers of Salary and Incentive.
Above is the table of individual salary. So now create a table for “Incentives”.
Ok, now we are done with all the data inputs requires to show in the dashboard. Now create one more sheet and name it as “Dash Board – KPI”.
Step 4: Create the heading as “Individual KPI Dashboard – 2019” in Excel.
Step 5: Now create Employee Name and create a drop-down list of employees.
Step 6: Now create a Month-wise table to show Target, Achieved, Variance, and Average Sale. And also to show Salary and Incentive Paid.
I have divided the data to be shown for the first 6 months and for later 6 months. So that is why I have added H1 total & H2 total rows.
H1 consists of first 6 months total and H2 consists of second 6 months total. So, the total is a combination of H1 + H2.
Step 7: For Target and Actual apply VLOOKUP from “Input Data” sheet and arrive numbers based on the name selection from the drop-down list.
To Find Actual Sales data select Sales_Table in place of Target_Table in VLOOKUP Formula.
To find variance Subtract actual sales data from target sales data.
To get an average of sales data applies the below formula.
Similarly, do the same for Salary & Incentive Columns.
Then Find Total Earned by adding both salary paid and incentive paid.
Now based on the selection we make from the drop-down list of the name, VLOOKUP fetches the data of Target, Achieved, Salary, and Incentive data from the respective table which we have earlier in the article.
Step 9: Now we need to create a cell for Efficiency Level. To arrive at the efficiency level we need to divide the achieved amount by target amount.
Step 10: Now arrive Return on Investment result. For this divide Achieved Amount by Total Earned Amount.
Step 11: Now arrive graphical representation for the data we have arrives. Below is the graph I have applied, based on your liking you can create a chart.
In the above chart, I have applied a line graph for Target, Actual, and Average numbers. This graph will represent the average achieved, target achieved, against the target numbers.
For below chart, I have applied a Clustered Column chart.
After all this, we need to insert a simple efficiency chart. I have applied the efficiency chart and you can start using this KPI dashboard by downloading the excel workbook from the link provided.
Based on the selection we make from the drop-down list of accordingly numbers will turn up and graphs will show the differences.
Based on your requirement you can increase the number of employees, fill the target data, actual data, and salary and incentive data accordingly.
This has been a guide to KPI Dashboard in Excel. Here we discuss how to create a KPI dashboard in excel along with practical examples and downloadable excel template. You may learn more about excel from the following articles –