Microsoft Power BI Career
Business Intelligence (BI) is the one area that looks like a more attractive professional opportunity in the modern data-driven world. Having to pursue a career in Power BI you need to know what the career opportunities are for “Power BI” developers.
Data visualization is the future of business and tools which are used to visualize the data will be in demand, so Power BI is going to be the most important tool for aspiring candidates.
Why You Should Use Power BI?
Power BI is a tool used to analyses and visualizes the data. It is a cloud-based tool to collate, transform, and create meaningful insights from large data sets.
It has three types “Power BI Desktop, Power BI Services, Power BI Mobile App”. Even though Power BI is a recent product in the midst of already well know data visualizations tools like “Tableau & QlikView” Power BI is already a well-known product in the area of data visualization.
According to the recent survey there about 18K + companies are using Power BI and holds 5.8% of the market share.
The industries that mainly use Power BI as data visualization are “Software or IT Companies, Hospitality Industry, Financial Industry, Management Consulting Services, Retail Sectors, Staffing & Recruitment Industry”. So the majority of the well-known industries are using Power BI as the data visualization tool.
When it comes to India about 1000+ companies are using Power BI and will be the top product in the area of data visualization in the near future.
Responsibility and Duties of Power BI
Here we can see the responsibility and duties of Power BI.
The main roles and responsibilities of a Power BI developer are to create a detailed summary of large amounts of data where decision-makers look at the reports and take quick decisions based on the insights provided.
Data may not be in a ready format, so it is the duty of the Power BI Developer to organize and transform the data which is required for reporting purpose.
Skills to Become a Power BI Professional
Having said all the above career opportunities with Power BI one needs to understand are skills required to get hired in Power BI position. Below are some of the skills required to become a Power BI Professional.
- Power BI looks and works as an advanced version of Excel, so one needs to have advanced MS Excel knowledge to pursue a career in Power BI.
- Data Modelling is the most important aspect of Power BI visualization, so you need to be aware of data modelingData ModelingA data model in Excel is a data table in which two or more tables are linked together by a common or many data series. Data from several sheets is combined to create a unique table in data model tables. strategies.
- DAX formulas are similar to MS Excel formulasMS Excel FormulasThe term "basic excel formula" refers to the general functions used in Microsoft Excel to do simple calculations such as addition, average, and comparison. SUM, COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTBLANK, AVERAGE, MIN Excel, MAX Excel, LEN Excel, TRIM Excel, IF Excel are the top ten excel formulas and functions., so you need to have strong DAX formulas knowledge.
- Power Query is used to transforming the data to organize the data to fit in the needs of the users, so Power Query knowledge is a must.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) is the most important skill to fetch the data from SQL servers.
- Building interactive dashboards are the ultimate thing you need to learn to get hired for the Power BI position.
Power BI usage may vary from company to company, so based on the job description one can choose the right company. Having said the career in Power BI one needs to look at the average salary of Power BI professionals at different designations. Below is the list of designations and their respective salaries.
|Data Analyst||4.25 L Per Annum|
|Business Intelligence (BI) Developer||4.83 L Per Annum|
|Software Engineer||4.51 L Per Annum|
|Senior Software Engineer||6.75 L Per Annum|
|Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst||5.50 L Per Annum|
|Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst||9.29 L Per Annum|
|Senior Data Analyst||8.10 L Per Annum|
So this is the industry standard according to the recent survey reports.
Professionals Looking For Companies in India
Remember the fact that topmost companies in India are looking for Power BI professionals. The top-rated companies in India are using Power BI is followed.
Companies in India
- Big Four Audit Firms: EY, KPMG, PWC, Deloitte.
- Dell Computers.
- Hexaware Technologies
- HCL Technologies
- Coffee day Group
- Infosys Limited
- Wipro Technologies
- Microsoft Solutions
So, if you want to work in top MNC companies then Power BI career is not a bad option at all.
As for as my knowledge is considered Power BI will be one of the most demanded products in the near future. One of the key things to this is this works and look like an advanced version of excel, so people find it easy and flexible to use it without much of a hiccup.
The future looks bright and pursuing a career in the Power BI field will be one of the top-rated jobs in India and across the world.
So, all the above things are associated with the Power BI Profession. If you are interested in this field then go and get proper training on this, so it will be an easy path for you when you join the corporates.
I am already a big fan of Power BI and am in love with this amazing tool to visualize the data.
This has been a guide to Power BI Career. Here we discuss career opportunities for Microsoft Power BI professionals along with the company’s responsibility, salary range, and skills. You may also have a look at these articles below –