Difference Between Power BI, Tableau and Qlikview
All three of the tools power bi, tableau and qlikview are business analytics tools which are used in business representation of data for the concerned stakeholders, however all three tools has some advantages over one another such as Power bi is more efficient in making cost making decisions, while tableau is better at visualization of data and qlikview has robust analytics.
If you are evaluating between Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlikview, then do have a look at these top 6 differences between the three –
- Power BI: Power BI is a product of Microsoft and launched in 2013. This is one of the top data visualization tools in the market even though it has launched in recent years. This aims at giving a detailed visualization of the data through reports and dashboards.
- Tableau: This product launched in 2003, 10 years earlier than the Power BI and as of now the number one visualization tool. This tool also helps us to convert the raw data into meaningful insights and provide beautiful dashboards for our data.
- QlikView: This is a much older product than Power BI because it has launched way back in 1993 even before the world exposed to data-driven decision makings. This product also aims at providing data insights from large data sets.
Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlikview Infographics
Key Differences Between Power BI, Tableau and QlikView
The key differences between them are as follows:
- Ease of Operating: Definitely in this category Power BI leads the race because of MS Excel background other two are not often used by customers so they may find it difficult to operate.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Power BI is less expensive than the other two so not a bad idea to go with the product.
All three tools are well-known brands in the market but still, there are a lot of similarities and differentiation between these three products, so in this comparative table we will see those similarities and differences.
|Basic Versions||The desktop version of Power BI is free and users need not pay anything. They can just download the software and start using it.||A basic version of Tableau is also free but has very limited features to get a start.||Qlikview's basic version is also free but like Tableau has very limited features to work with.|
|Advanced Versions||Power BI comes with two advanced versions i.e. Power BI Pro & Power BI Premium Packages.These packages cost $10 per user per month, seems less expensive than Tableau and Qlikview.||Tableau's advanced version costs $100 per user which seems to be expensive for middle scale industries.||$30 per month per user is the cost to acquire an advanced version of Qlikview. This stands in the middle between these three in terms of cost.|
|Analytics and Interpretation||Power BI has a lot of advanced features to work with so very good for analytics and interpretation of the data.||Tableau is the winner between these three here. Because of many drill-down and filtering options it leads the race by miles.||Qlikview lacks proven analytics so it needs to work on in these aspects.|
|Data Capturing and Warehousing||Power BI is capable of fetching data from anywhere at any time. It has a wide variety of data sources like web, cloud SQL, Azure, etc.||Tableau too capable of good data source connections, probably on par with Power BI.||Data transformation is the key element of Qlikview and this tool too can fetch data from anywhere.|
|Ease of Learning||Power BI just seems like an advanced version of Excel, so people find it easy to work with this tool because of the similarity of Excel interface, formulas, and other features.||Tableau is not the household product where all the common people can use it. Only those who are at the data science level are known about the features of this product.||Qlikview too requires a Data Science background because of the programming skills required to work with this tool.|
|Customer Community||Since Power BI comes with Office 365 package customer those who buy other Microsoft products may be exposed to this tool as well.||Tableau has a history on their own so has huge amount of customer community.||Qlikview can be used by only programming knowledge people so not many people are from programming background in terms of the customer community.|
Unless you are from a technical background your choice is always Power BI. We cannot say the other two are bad, all these three have their own set of unique qualities. In terms of cost also Power BI leads the race because of less expensive membership fees.
This has been a guide to Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlikview. Here we discuss the top difference between Power BI, Tableau and Qlikview along with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –